expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 23 July 2012

Thames Cable Car






It was my Boyfriend, Jonathan’s Birthday on the weekend and we had to plan and enjoy a hangover friendly Birthday outing after the Birthday party the night before.

Step up the new Thames Cable Car. It’s 90 meters high and connects the O2 centre to the Excel.

The sun was shining for what felt like the first time this summer so it was a perfect day for the ‘spectacular views’. Then I saw the queue. This was not considered and the hangover couldn’t handle standing still in the sun so I rushed off to buy hangover cures. While I was in the shop queue, arms full of crisps, coke etc, my phone rang. My boyfriend was at the front, so it wasn’t really a queue after all.

One of the first things I noticed was that my ‘ticket’, which was just me tapping in with my Oyster card (£3.20) was referred to as a ‘boarding pass’ and the 5 minute journey was being hailed as a ‘flight’.  Having STILL not booked a holiday, perhaps this was the closest I was going to get to one.

The pictures I snapped aren’t great. This is because instead of framing beautiful shots of the London Skyline, I had to hold Jonathan’s hand because he had somehow forgotten he had vertigo. Great time to remember. Whilst rubbing his back, I just managed to catch a glimpse of the Anthony Gormley sculpture, - a nice culture treat and then it was over. It felt way too quick but I’ll be in the area for the Olympics so I’ll give in another go, sans the vertigo sufferer.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...