expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 24 September 2013

Back to school: Satchel bag


I'm a little late on the back to school thing, deciding to put off winter for just one more week with a quick family holiday in Kalkan, Turkey

I have been after a practical leather bag for a few months now, but I find the ones in my budget just look a bit cheap, often with slightly tacky fastenings that end up breaking before the bag gets that loved worn look. 
everything fitting snuggly inside
So I was so happy to stumble upon this school satchel.  It's covered in marks but stays smart with its unique structured look. On closer inspection, when I unpopped the popper, it had little leather pen/pencil  holders, with one containing a little red pencil!


Tote bag £10 NPG
It fits everything I need for the day in too but apparently, not so suited to evening wear, in the words of my mum, "the perfect bag has to fit a bottle of wine inside". Oh well, you can't have everything.

It's first outing was to my annual pilgrimage to the National Portrait Gallery's BP Portrait Awards (sadly finished) where I happened to find this tote in the shop, with every colour represented it will be my chuck everything in it bag.  Perhaps even that bottle of red!


Leather pencil case £19.50 Present & Correct

ABC, pi and prime numbers £19.50 Present and Correct
The leather satchel was a flea market find but I had a little look on the internet and found this leather pencil case embossed with homework inspired graphics from my favourite stationary shop Present and Correct, the best stationary shop in the world that I featured last week, which I'm sure will make you feel equally as organised.


Zatchels Red £95


Or this beautiful classic red number from Zatchels

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...