expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 28 January 2013

Spend a Sunday... Tim Walker: Story Teller





insects inside the exhibition

I have closely followed Tim Walker’s magical fashion shoots since I was given his calendar for Christmas about 7 years ago. I loved the monthly injections his shoots of fairytale imaginations brought to my room, so much so, that I cut out and framed the photo of the beds hanging from the trees and have proudly displayed it in every room I have lived in.



Always framed by my bed

Humpty Dumpty

We stepped into the free exhibition at Somerset House and were immediately transported into a fairytale. The positioning of the oversized insects and a giant's skeleton made me feel like a subject one of his child-like fantasies, although I was wrapped up in my duffel coat and sadly not Givency Haute Couture.



Tim Walker’s exhibition finished on Sunday but I will be checking out photographer Dan TobinSmith and Rachel Thomas’ landscapes crafted from polystyrene. Valentino is showcasing 130 Haute Couture gowns in a specially built instillation, which will be sure to impress the fashionistas among you.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...