expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Tuesday 9 July 2013

I Want to Ride My Bicycle

Look Mum No Hands
I want to buy a bicycle so I went to check out cafe/bar Look Mum, No Hands (LMNH) in Old Street. The cafe pays a rather large homage to the bicycle and you can bring your two wheeled friend in to have a flat tire pumped, while you sip a flat white. Yes, I know this popular cafe has been around for a while but after feeling like I spend a small fortune on my Oyster, I need to get my own pair of wheels so I started here to see what all the fuss was about.

Wallpaper in LMNH
Inside, bicycle owners compare notes under a canopy of hanging bike wheels. The bike haves just seem a bit cooler, a bit more care free than the have nots. Us TFL users are bound by time tables, have nights and weekends ruined by planned engineering works. I did own a bike once, it lasted about 3 weeks, after my darling brother left it all shiney, new and unchained outside our flat. What a lovely late Christmas present that would have been for the person who stumble across it. Anyway, feeling a bit biked out, I popped to the loo and was met with floor to ceiling bicycle themed wallpaper. The only way I was going to fit in around these parts was to just get on with getting a bike.

Union Cycles

I'm thinking of getting my two wheeler from Deptford based Union Cycle Works, a charity that teaches disadvantaged people how to make bespoke cycles using the best vintage and new parts. You can choose everything, from the frame to the colour and they really are beautiful. Take a look here.


In an effort to 'own' my bicycle and make it all together more 'me' I'm definitely decorating it with one of these leather wine holders made by Oopsmark.


Wine rack from Oopsmark

Bike fever has spread to Levi's adapting a pair of 511 jeans to suit and boot the trend conscious rider, The 'Commuter' jeans are now on sale for £58.90 here. With subtle Scotchlite reflector seams on the turn ups and a raised yoke to prevent a bum show for the car behind I think they should make a some for the girls.


Commuter jeans from Levis

 I'll keep you posted on my bicycle progress.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...