expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 18 December 2013

Christmas Tree Decorations

My tree!

Firstly, apologies for the major blogging break but to say things have been hectic the last few week is a vast understatement, work and looming Christmas have been all consuming not to mention my Mum has passed on the task of Christmas dunner to me and my brother. (She artfully placed Deliah Smith's Christmas book on the table in October as a constant reminder).

With all that, I still found time to decorate the tree. It has been chilling in the garden since I nicked it from my work Christmas party last year. The lower branches were turning brown so I re-potted it in this wooden barrel from Homebase, only £6.99 and brought it in from the cold.

Owl from a selection at Liberty

Every year I scout around the shops to find one decoration to add to my already bulging collection. Here's the best of what the shops have on offer this year. You might remember last year's red mini  from Liberty with the Union Jack flag that aptly celebrated my recent passing of my driving test and The Olympics. Well on this year's visit to the Liberty Christmas shop, I came home with this little owl.

For a minimal, Scandinavian feel, try Clippings, the design Junction shop. I want to wrap my tree in this handmade acorn garland. So what if acorns don't grow on Christmas trees? I reckon you can drape them around the house far beyond December too.

 Acorns on a string £15.75 Clippings

These festive heads designed by Alessi are a great option for the design conscious who finds Chrimbo vulgar and tacky.
Alessi £23 for 3

Paperchase have gone completely wacky this year with their kitsch Christmas collection. Look at this father Christmas on a jet ski, complete with dangling lights. I popped one in my basket for a my best friend's house warming present. 


Santa on a jet ski £6 or 3 for £12 Paperchase

And I treated our tree to the Hula Girl who has taken over from the fairy this year.

Santa on a jet ski £6 or 3 for £12 Paperchase

 Love 'em or hate 'em sprouts are a big part of Christmas. If you don't like them on your plate, why not celebrate the traditional veg by hanging one on your tree?

Sprout from notonthehighstreet.com £3.50

This tasteful bauble is the one for those not going down the traditional Christmas route. Or perhaps you travelled the world this year?

Globe £4.50 Oliver Bonas



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...