expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Monday 28 April 2014

Food: Blanchette, Soho


Blanchette is small and cosy. One wall is tiled floor to ceiling depicting beautiful French style countryside paintings ensuring this little Bistro stands out in the hoi polloi of Soho openings. Some of you might remember I featured Blanchette in my March to do list. Well I finally popped in for lunch the other day and wow it was so good. We ordered a few small plates from their changing menu. Here are my five favourites...


First up, the crispy chewy bread arrived in a paper bag and wedged in the creamy butter was an olive wood butter knife. It's a nice touch to use these tactile materials for something as ordinary as bread and butter.


I always try and eat as much of asparagus as I can when it's in season. Blanchette served theirs up perfectly crunchy with small rounds of mild creamy soft cheese and parmesan drizzled with a fragrant olive oil.


Rare tuna and sweet red pepper. This is the dish I will return for.





Their chips were crispy and golden, complete with béarnaise - Ketchup had better watch out.

blanchettesoho.co.uk


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...