expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Thursday 6 December 2012

Dirty Burger Breakfast



As promised, I went to check out Dirty Burger, one of the trio including Pizza East and Chicken Shop who's recent openings have spoiled the residents of Kentish Town rotten.

Dirty burger isn't exactly what it says on the tin. It also does breakfast rolls and this is what I went for, for my birthday brekkie, just before work.



Dirty burger from the outside looks like a shed. Inside, it pretty much still looks like a shed but with a huge table in the middle. The idea is everyone sits around together. Shoulder to shoulder dining seems to be becoming surprisingly popular. I like the fact it forces unfriendly Londoner's to confront their fear of strangers. The shed has been perfectly imperfected, with peeling paint and heavy battered slabs of wood, a style which has become synonymous with this group of restaurants.

More Branding

Even more branding

Back to the food. For £3.50, you get either a sausage or bacon and egg roll with unlimited tea/filter coffee. That is an absolute bargain and we got one each. My bacon was thick and reports of how outstanding the sausage one was hogged our entire breakfast conversation. Being a museli in the morning person, I did feel slightly, well, dirty by the time I was sat at my desk. The fact that the tasty bun came from a burger joint didn't reassure my full stomach either. But if I was hungover it would be a different tale... a place across the road that does the best bacon rolls ever. Yes please, every weekend. If only they were open later than 11am.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...