expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Sunday 9 June 2013

New find kayaking on the Canal

                         

When the sun is shining, rather than hitting the park/pub garden with your mates why not kayak down Camden Canal?

                         

Thoughts of capsizing into a cocktail of syringes and dead bodies almost went while we were reassured by our lovely instructors Dan and Charlie that this very rarely happens. Still thinking 'there's always one' I did my life jacket up tight and clumsily got into my kayak. 

                                     

After a little practise, which was a bit like boat bumper cars, the fleet of forty paddled towards the bird cages of London Zoo. With the sun sparkling on the water, even the floating bottle of vodka I passed started to look magical. 

                            

With the soundtrack of tropical birds, you quickly forget you are on the Canal and even London. This is the perfect antidote to a stuffy day in the office and you can call it exercise. 

                             


Tuesday adult sessions 7-9pm Pirate Castle Club £10
www.thepiratecastle.org

1 comment :

  1. I never knew you could do this! If I ever find myself Northbound I'll try it out. Love that you are all in matching bretons too, this always happens to our whole team at work!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...