expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Friday 8 August 2014

Food: Texas Joe's, The Grafton

I'm trying to make the most of these warm, sunny evenings by spending as much time outside as possible because I know it's not long before we'll be buttoning up for autumn.


Roof top view


So I agreed when a friend suggested we go for a drink last night. We went to a local pub, The Grafton who have just opened their roof top. It's a great boozer - I wrote about their winter sing-a-longs around the piano here. But now it's summer, and one drink on the sun trap obviously led to two, and before we knew it, we were queuing at the bar to order texan grub from the current resident chefs Texas Joe.

Texan Feast

The Grafton rotate a roster of chefs, each one with a different style of grub. This menu is Texan, so think beef brisket, pulled pork and mac 'n' cheese. But I ordered a hearty smokey portobello mushroom burger with two types of cheese. I liked the bonus onion ring and the bun dappled in sesame seeds had a briochey flavour and texture.

Bonus Onion Ring

The chips were golden and crispy and the coleslaw had a healthy crunch with slices of mild white onion and not too much mayonnaise - all in all, great grub for a pub.


Me enjoying a Camden Pale Ale

Licking my lips, I asked the friendly barman who was next on their Chef list, he wasn't sure, but he promised it would be just as good, so I'll be back.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...