expr:class='"loading" + data:blog.mobileClass'>

Wednesday 4 June 2014

Project Bathroom

It's been slightly longer than usual since have posted. This is because I have been chin deep in doing up my bathroom. It's tiny, minuscule in fact at 1.5 x 1.5m. Meaning basic things like finding a bath (ours is smaller than standard size) are more difficult with often pretty expensive, limited choices. And did I mention the nightmare of finding nice, small storage solutions to hide away all the bathroom clutter? And all on a budget, of course. 


Old bathroom, mid makeover


The only thing I was sad to see go: Our old original 1950s taps

The poor bathroom was well over due a makeover, but to be fair I was a little late on snapping these as some boards and the tiles had already been ripped off. But you get the idea, it was pretty chaotic. As you can see from our ugly toiletries basket and our broken towel rail, below, we had given up.

Our current storage solution
The broken towel rail

So I have been searching high and low and below are a few inspiration images of what I want it to look like (see more on my Pinterest). But is that realistic in such a small space? Stay tuned for updates on my attempts to achieve scandinavian minimalism in a mini space on an even minnier budget, £500 to be exact, which also means I will be doing some of the work myself.

Love these glossy subway style tiles and a chunky sink...

Love the large nails for towel hooks

Grey and yellow work well as accent colours in a white bathroom...

Monotone always works

I want a 'curated shelf' and might try dark green painted bath...

Raw looking wood against the crisp white works really well.


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...